Where to Buy
|Cellulose Loose-Fill and Spray-On||
|Glass Fiber Reinforced||
|Perlite Composite Board||
|Phenolic Rigid Foam||
|Plastic Insulating Foam for Residential and Commercial Construction||
|Plastic, Non-Woven Batt||
Legal Requirements Lists federal requirements related to the purchase of this item, including applicable Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) requirements
Life Cycle Cost Savings
To calculate life cycle cost savings, explore these tools:
- NIST’s BEES Online v2.0 offers detailed environmental lifecycle analyses. Life cycle costing is available as an option. It is recommended that users have some experience with life cycle analysis in order to answer the tool’s questions.
- NREL’s Levelized Cost of Energy Calculator can help estimate the cost of electricity as an input for your lifecycle cost calculations, accounting for both cost escalation and discount rates.
Contributes to meeting The Guiding Principles for Sustainable Federal Buildings
Compliant products not listed in GSA Advantage! may be available for federal purchase under GSA Schedule 51 V SINs 105 001 & 105 002 by visiting approved hardware stores in person or purchasing through the product catalogs of approved vendors.
According to BioPreferred, plastic insulating foam for residential and commercial construction are spray-in-place plastic foam products designed to provide a sealed thermal barrier for residential or commercial construction applications. BioPreferred maintains an electronic product catalog listing products that either 1. are eligible for preferred federal procurement, or 2. have earned the USDA Certified Biobased Product Label.
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Recommended Specifications, Standards, and Ecolabels
Executive Order (EO) 14057, Catalyzing Clean Energy Industries and Jobs Through Federal Sustainability, (08 DEC 2021), requires federal agencies to purchase sustainable products and services certified to the standards/ecolabels included in the Recommendations to the maximum extent practicable.
Building Insulation certified under UL2818 GreenGuard may be available from contractors on the following GSA Multiple Award Schedules:
- Schedule 56 SINs 563 4 and 563 29
- Schedule 51V SINs 105 001 and 105 002
Potential LEED Contributions
This product may contribute* toward points in multiple LEED v4 rating systems, including areas required for LEED v4 building certification. Primarily, the credits will apply in the Building Design and Construction (BD+C) and Building Operations and Maintenance (O+M) categories. This includes the specialty areas of: New Construction and Major Renovation, Existing Buildings, Core & Shell, Schools, Retail, Data Centers, Warehouse and Distribution Centers, Hospitality, and Healthcare. Specific credits are:
- Energy & Atmosphere - Optimize Energy Performance
- Indoor Environmental Quality - Low-Emitting Materials
- Materials & Resources - Building Product Disclosure & Optimization
- Environmental Product Declarations
- Sourcing of Raw Materials
- Material Ingredients
* It is important to note that no products, individually or collectively, can guarantee a specific number of points for LEED Category credit. Each credit will need to be matched to the product by a certified professional.