Building interior products that provide finishing touches, such as carpeting, wallboards, paint and stains, and signage. Products in this category may also apply to the acquisition of construction and cafeteria & food services.
References and Guidance
Before buying new products, be sure to consider excess personal property from other federal agencies. It's not just the mandatory first source of supply, it's sustainable! Visit GSAXcess® to search the federal government’s available excess personal property for transfer.
EPA recommendations for the recycled content of steel products start at 16%. Steel products now contain between 25% and 90% recycled content.
To promote fuel efficiency and reduce greenhouse gases and air pollution, consider using a SmartWay Transport Partner for shipment of your products.
FAR clause 52.223-2, Affirmative Procurement of Biobased Products Under Service and Construction Contracts, requires contractors to report annually "on the product types and dollar value of any USDA-designated biobased products purchased by the Contractor during the previous Government fiscal year." Reporting is done through the System for Award Management in the fall, following conclusion of a Federal fiscal year.
- E.O. 13834
- E.O. 13834 Implementation Resources
- EPA’s Recommendations of Specifications, Standards, and Ecolabels
- EPA's Comprehensive Procurement Guidelines
- GSA Green Lease Policies and Procedures
- Guiding Principles for Sustainable Federal Buildings and Associated Instructions
- Significant New Alternatives Policy (SNAP) Program
- UNICOR Interior and Exterior Signage
- Whole Building Design Guide