Applicable products not covered by any other category; includes a wide range of products, such as adhesives, aerosols, candles and wax melts, pallets, and transformers. Products in this category may also apply to the acquisition of janitorial, fleet maintenance, construction, and cafeteria & food services.
References and Guidance
Before buying new products, be sure to consider excess personal property from other federal agencies. It's not just the mandatory first source of supply, it's sustainable! Visit GSAXcess® to search the federal government’s available excess personal property for transfer.
To promote fuel efficiency and reduce greenhouse gases and air pollution, consider using a SmartWay Transport Partner for shipment of your products.
FAR clause 52.223-2, Affirmative Procurement of Biobased Products Under Service and Construction Contracts, requires contractors to report annually "on the product types and dollar value of any USDA-designated biobased products purchased by the Contractor during the previous Government fiscal year." Reporting is done through the System for Award Management in the fall, following conclusion of a Federal fiscal year.
Also see the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning category.
- EPA’s Recommendations of Specifications, Standards, and Ecolabels
- EPA's Comprehensive Procurement Guidelines
- GSA Green Lease Policies and Procedures
- Significant New Alternatives Policy (SNAP) Program
- The Federal Energy Management Program
- USDA's BioPreferred Designated Products
- Whole Building Design Guide