- Adhere to ASHRAE Standard 55 and either 62.1 or 62.2
- Control moisture to minimize mold contamination and building damage.
- Maximize daylighting, install lighting controls, task lighting, and shade and glare control
- The principles establish requirements to specify low-emitting materials, use integrated pest management techniques, and protect indoor air quality during construction.
- Prohibit, through policy and signage, the ability to smoke within 25 feet of building entrances, operable windows, and ventilation intakes.
- Require building design to promote increased physical movement and support convenient access to healthy dining options, potable water, daylight, plants, and exterior views.
Determining Compliance with the Guiding Principles for Sustainable Federal Buildings
Relation to IEQ:
ventilation and thermal comfort, moisture control, daylighting, low-emitting materials, IAQ during construction, environmental tobacco smoke (ETS) control