Institutional, industrial, and miscellaneous other cleaning products. Products in this category may also apply to the acquisition of janitorial, cafeteria & food, construction, facilities operations & maintenance, and laundry services.
References and Guidance
To promote fuel efficiency and reduce greenhouse gases and air pollution, consider using a SmartWay Transport Partner for shipment of your products.
FAR clause 52.223-2, Affirmative Procurement of Biobased Products Under Service and Construction Contracts, requires contractors to report annually "on the product types and dollar value of any USDA-designated biobased products purchased by the Contractor during the previous Government fiscal year." Reporting is done through the System for Award Management in the fall, following conclusion of a Federal fiscal year.
The Responsible Purchasing Network offers a Green Cleaning Pollution Prevention Calculator that quantifies the projected environmental benefits of purchasing and using green janitorial services and products.
- E.O. 13693
- EPA Safer Choice (formerly Design for the Environment)
- EPA’s Recommendations of Specifications, Standards, and Ecolabels
- EPA's Comprehensive Procurement Guidelines
- High Performance and Sustainable Buildings Guidance
- Implementing Instructions for E.O. 13693
- USDA's BioPreferred Designated Products
- Whole Building Design Guide