Federal agencies are required by statute to purchase products as designated or specified under this program.
Federal agencies are required to purchase sustainable products and services meeting EPA’s Recommendations to the maximum extent practicable.
Where to Buy
Legal Requirements Lists federal requirements related to the purchase of this item, including applicable Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) requirements
Contributes to meeting The Guiding Principles for Sustainable Federal Buildings
According to BioPreferred, corrosion preventatives are products designed to prevent metals from wearing away due to a chemical reaction. These may also include products that prevent ceramics and polymers from degrading under environmental factors or chemicals.
BioPreferred maintains an electronic product catalog listing products that either 1. are eligible for preferred federal procurement, or 2. have earned the USDA Certified Biobased Product Label.
Potential LEED Contributions
This product may contribute* toward points in multiple LEED v4 rating systems, including areas required for LEED v4 building certification. Primarily, the credits will apply in the Building Design and Construction (BD+C) and Building Operations and Maintenance (O+M) categories. This includes the specialty areas of: New Construction and Major Renovation, Existing Buildings, Core & Shell, Schools, Retail, Data Centers, Warehouse and Distribution Centers, Hospitality, and Healthcare. Specific credits are:
- Indoor Environmental Quality
- Green Cleaning Products & Materials
- Low-Emitting Materials
- Materials & Resources - Building Product Disclosure & Optimization
- Environmental Product Declarations
- Material Ingredients
* It is important to note that no products individually or collectively, can guarantee a specific number of points for LEED Category credit. Each credit will need to be matched to the product by a certified professional.