Electricity-consuming products commonly used in an office environment, such as computers and imaging equipment. Products in this category may also apply to the acquisition of electronic equipment leasing, construction, and meeting & conference services.
References and Guidance
Before buying new products, be sure to consider excess personal property from other federal agencies. It's not just the mandatory first source of supply, it's sustainable! Visit GSAXcess® to search the federal government’s available excess personal property for transfer.
GSA's Environmental Services Schedule 899 SIN 5 offers electronics recycling services.
To promote fuel efficiency and reduce greenhouse gases and air pollution, consider using a SmartWay Transport Partner for shipment of your products.
The revised FAR clause 52.223-2, Affirmative Procurement of Biobased Products Under Service and Construction Contracts, requires contractors to report annually "on the product types and dollar value of any USDA-designated biobased products purchased by the Contractor during the previous Government fiscal year." Agencies are required to identify an environmental point of contact to receive this information.
- E.O. 13693
- Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool
- ENERGY STAR Data Center Initiatives
- Environmentally Preferable Purchasing for Electronics
- Federal Electronics Challenge
- FEMP's Standby Power Data Center
- FMR Bulletin B-34, Disposal of Federal Electronic Assets
- GSA Environmental Services Schedule 899
- Instructions for Implementing E.O. 13423
- National Strategy for Electronics Stewardship
- UNICOR Electronics Recycling Program: