The links below are additional resources for sustainable acquisition.
Using Acquisition Life Cycle Tools
There are a number of tools and resources provided by the Federal government to promote cost-effective and sustainable acquisition (e.g. energy and water efficient products, reduced life cycle costs). This webpage provides guidance for how each of the tools can be best utilized during each phase of the procurement life cycle.
|GSA's Green Procurement Compilation: Identify minimum Federal sustainable acquisition requirements, sample source selection criteria, and sample contract language.|
|GSA's SFTool: Use modules within Learn and Plan sections (e.g. water efficiency, healthy indoor environments, responsible business conduct) to research best practices.|
|GSA Environmental Program Aisle on GSA Advantage: Designed to give you easy access to the wide variety of environmental products and services offered by GSA.|
|SFTool Framework for Managing Climate Risks to Federal Agency Supply Chains: This risk management framework provides guidance to Federal agencies ready to assess observed and expected climate or weather-related risks to supply chains.|
|Federal Acquisition Service (FAS) Best-in-Class (BIC) Designated Solutions: The designation identifies government-wide contracts that satisfy key criteria defined by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB).|
|Acquisition Gateway: When researching existing acquisition vehicles for potential use in meeting your requirement, check whether an existing contract has minimum sustainable acquisition requirements by looking for Green Check .|
|EPA's Sustainable Marketplace: Identify best practices for cost-effective, sustainable acquisitions and learn more about EPA recommended ecolabels|
|Federal Procurement Data System: When documenting contract award, the contracting officer should ensure applicable sustainability fields (8K and 8L) identify the sustainability requirements included in contract.|
|SFTool Product Search: Contractors can utilize this tool to efficiently locate cost-effective and sustainable products that comply with requirements of contract.|
|SFTool Strategies to Ensure Successful Delivery of Sustainable Products and Services Module: This module can be used to identify best practices for validating that contractors provide compliant products and services.|
|System for Awards Management: Contains resources (e.g. Biobased Reporting Quick Start Guide) to help applicable service and construction contracts submit biobased and/or HFC report in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulations.|
|Contractor Performance Assessment Reporting System (CPARS): Contracting Officers can capture contractor’s compliance with sustainable acquisition requirements for contract.|
- FedCenter: Sustainable Acquisition Training Resources
- DOE's Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP) Training: Contracting for Efficiency
- GSA's Sustainability Policies for Leased Buildings
- DOE's Federal Energy Managemet Program (FEMP): How To Buy Energy- and Water-Efficient Products for the Federal Government
- Best Practices for Purchasing Environmentally Sustainable Products
- Helpful Tools within SFTool
- Responsible Business Conduct
- SFTool Recycling Checklist
- Cost Savings and Environmental Benefits Calculators: Available calculators can assist with determining any cost savings and other environmental benefits resulting from the contract (e.g. Energy Star Cost Savings Calculator, EPEAT Cost Savings Calculator, FEMP Energy Efficient Cost Savings Calculators).
- Recognition Programs: Consider recognizing successful projects through an awards program (e.g. DOE GreenBuy Awards, Secretary of Defense Environmental Awards, EPA SaferChoice Awards)
|Purchasing Guides for multiple product categories can be accessed from RPN’s website|
|Model Green Procurement Specifications and Purchasing Guidelines can be accessed from NERC’s website under Completed Projects|
Personal Property Disposal
Green Procurement Compilation (GPC)
The Green Procurement Compilation (GPC) consolidates and organizes information from several federal green purchasing programs in one place, saving you from researching multiple web sites.
It makes it easy to identify sustainable products and their associated guidance documentation to facilitate green purchasing decisions.