[Skip to Content]

Wallboard/Gypsum Board/Drywall

Last Updated: 03/07/18 Click to see brand name products that meet these requirements

A type of board made from plaster, wood pulp, or other material, used especially to form the interior walls of houses.

Product Details
Procurement Info

Where to Buy

  • Agencies are directed to use one of the EPA recommended standards and ecolabels OR the specification below.
  • EPA Recommended Specifications, Standards, and Ecolabels
  • (choose one)
  • Cradle to Cradle Certified
  • SCS Indoor Advantage Gold
  • EcoLogo/UL 2818 GREENGUARD Certification
  • OR
  • Specification
    Indoor Air Quality/VOC Emissions: Products shall meet the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) Standard Method for the Testing and Evaluation of Volatile Organic Chemical Emissions from Indoor Sources Using Environmental Chambers, Version 1.1-2010. (This is the VOC emission testing method for California Specification 01350.)

  • For additional options, as well as information about these standards, please go to EPA’s Recommendations website.
Guiding Principles
Contributes to meeting The Guiding Principles for High Performance and Sustainable Buildings
Additional Guidance

Wallboard certified under UL2818 GreenGuard may be available from contractors on the following GSA Multiple Award Schedules:

  • Schedule 51V SINs 105 001 and 105 002
  • Schedule 56 SIN 563 29