- Federal agencies are required by statute to purchase products as designated or specified under this program
Where to Buy
Legal Requirements Lists federal requirements related to the purchase of this item, including applicable Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) requirements
Contributes to meeting The Guiding Principles for Sustainable Federal Buildings
According to BioPreferred, multipurpose cleaners are products used to clean dirt, grease, and grime from a variety of items in both industrial and domestic settings. This designated item does not include products that are formulated for use as disinfectants.
BioPreferred maintains an electronic product catalog listing products that either 1. are eligible for preferred federal procurement, or 2. have earned the USDA Certified Biobased Product Label.
For products such as multipurpose cleaners, the applicable Guiding Principle for High Performance and Sustainable Buildings depends on what characteristics are included in the product. If it has biobased content it would be GP 5, if it is low-emitting it would be GP 4, if it's both, it would be included in both. "Low emitting" would be any product that has a low emissions or low VOC standard.
Cleaners certified under UL2759 may be available from contractors on the following GSA Multiple Award Schedules:
- Schedule 51V SINs 105 001 and 105 002
- Schedule 73 SIN 375 341
- Schedule 75 SIN 75 200
Potential LEED Contributions
This product may contribute* toward points in multiple LEED v4 rating systems, including areas required for LEED v4 building certification. Primarily, the credits will apply in the Building Operations and Maintenance (O+M) category. Specific credits are:
- Indoor Environmental Quality
- Green Cleaning Products & Materials
- Low-Emitting Materials
* It is important to note that no products, individually or collectively, can guarantee a specific number of points for LEED Category credit. Each credit will need to be matched to the product by a certified professional.