Project Manager User Guide
|I. Managing Project Requirements||II. Meeting Project Goals||III. Accounting for Project Impacts|
I. Managing Project Requirements
"As a Project Manager, I am responsible understanding all costs, requirements, and regulations before beginning my project."
Limiting project costs upfront and over the product's life cycle
- Compare over 100 materials on their relative costs to purchase/install, maintain, and dispose
- Discover bundling strategies to realize cost savings
- Identify potential cost-effective facility upgrades
- View financial case studies and success stories
- Use the Life Cycle Perspective to account for all costs over the product’s life cycle
Aligning project goals within applicable federal requirements while meeting any certification requirements
II. Meeting Project Goals
"As a Project Manager, I am responsible for the delivery of my project on schedule, within scope, and under budget."
Coordinating with stakeholders to manage project scope
- Utilize an integrative process and identify stakeholders specific to each project
- Explore GSA lessons learned on collaborative strategies for project managers
- View a list of key strategies to a successful project
Delivering a project that meets the desired environmental and performance goals
III. Accounting for Project Impacts
"As a Project Manager, I should deliver a final product that accounts for future environmental, social, and financial impacts and works to optimize those impacts for the betterment of my organization and society as a whole."
Understanding of the project’s overall effect on energy, water, natural materials, and other resource consumption
- Learn about a system’s key impacts on consumption
- Evaluate materials from multiple office spaces on environmental criteria
- Explore potential synergies of system components and inter-system relationships
- View guidelines for capturing a project’s overall effect using the Life Cycle Perspective
Understanding the project’s overall impact on human behavior and well-being
Break down the silos!
As a Project Manager, I don’t live or work in a bubble.
To deliver a successful project, I regularly work with a variety of professionals who would benefit from the value of the SFTool.
|Decision Makers||Maintenance Personnel|
|Specialized Consultants||Interior Designers|
Learn more about the Integrative Design Process