Project Manager User Guide
This guide covers how the Sustainable Facilities Tool (SFTool) can assist you with incorporating sustainability into all your projects. The SFTool can assist with the following responsibilities:
|I. Managing Project Requirements||II. Meeting Project Goals||III. Accounting for Project Impacts|
"As a Project Manager, I am responsible understanding all costs, requirements, and regulations before beginning my project."
Limiting project costs upfront and over the product's life cycle
- Compare over 100 materials on their relative costs to purchase/install, maintain, and dispose
- Discover bundling strategies to realize cost savings
- View financial case studies and success stories
- Use the Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) framework to account for all costs over the product’s life cycle
Aligning project goals within applicable regulations while meeting any certification requirements
"As a Project Manager, I am responsible for the delivery of my project on schedule, within scope, and under budget."
Coordinating with stakeholders to manage project scope
- Utilize an integrative process and identify stakeholders specific to each project
- Collaborate with project team members to select materials and create checklists (must be logged in)
- View a list of key strategies to a successful project
Delivering a project that meets the desired environmental and performance goals
- Use MyProjects to discover sustainable strategies to help meet project goals and to track goal progress (must be logged in)
- View a list of sustainable best practices applicable to all project types
- View a list of sustainable strategies for Space Reconfiguration and Renovation projects
- View a list of sustainable strategies for Under 10,000 SF Interior Gut Rehab projects
- View a list of sustainable strategies for Building Systems Upgrades
- Read case studies to discover successful project techniques
"As a Project Manager, I should deliver a final product that accounts for future environmental, social, and financial impacts and works to optimize those impacts for the betterment of my organization and society as a whole."
Understanding the project's overall effect on energy, water, natural materials, and other resource consumption
- Learn about a system’s key impacts on consumption
- Evaluate materials from multiple office spaces on environmental criteria
- Explore potential synergies of system components and inter-system relationships
- View guidelines for capturing a project’s overall effect using the Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) approach
Understanding the project's overall impact on human behavior and well-being
Break down the silos!
As a Project Manager, I don’t live or work in a bubble.
To deliver a successful project, I regularly work with a variety of professionals who would benefit from the value of the SFTool.
|Decision Makers||Maintenance Personnel|
|Specialized Consultants||Interior Designers|
Learn more about the Integrative Design Process
Participate in the SFTool community below!