Leasing Specialist User Guide
This guide covers how the Sustainable Facilities Tool can assist you and your lessors in managing an environmentally friendly and compliant space. The SFTool can assist with the following responsibilities:
|I. Fulfill Environmental Criteria||II. Property Management|
"As a Leasing Specialist, I can help put in place contracts that ensure environmental criteria are upheld throughout the lease, thereby reducing financial and environmental strains on both the owner and the tenant."
Adhering to and following any environmental regulations or guidelines
- Find overviews of laws, Executive Orders, and GSA Guiding Principles affecting Federal buildings
- Explore regulations as they pertain to specific system upgrades, such as lighting or water
- View language on Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) requirements as they pertain to specific purchases
Promoting environmental consciousness to tenants to save on operation costs
"As a Leasing Specialist, I realize that there is a rising market demand for high performance buildings, which can result in greater occupancy rates and faster turnovers."
Achieving attractive rates by choosing/creating a 'green' facility
- Learn about the maintenance impacts of building system upgrades
- Learn about high-level sustainability topics, such as indoor environmental quality and plug loads
- View system bundling opportunities to achieve synergistic benefits
- Explore multiple office spaces to find specific high-performance tips and guidance
- Mitigate potential financial risks to the facility by conducting a climate adaptation planning workshop
- Practice maintaining tenant satisfaction while implementing green strategies with Green the Building
Break down the silos!
As a Leasing Specialist, I don’t live or work in a bubble.
To deliver a successful project, I regularly work with a variety of professionals who would benefit from the value of the SFTool.
|Additional Tenants||Facility Managers|
|Specialized Consultants||Interior Designers|
Learn more about the Integrative Design Process
Participate in the SFTool community below!