Procurement Professional User Guide
|I. Value-Based Purchasing||II. Regulation and FAR Compliance||III. Purchasing Activity|
"As a Procurement Professional, I am responsible for purchasing goods and services for ongoing building operations that are of the best value to the environment, the workforce, and the organization’s budget."
Promoting the importance of purchasing decisions on sustained environmental stewardship throughout the building’s life cycle
- Utilize an integrative process and identify stakeholders specific to certain renovation projects
- Use the Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) framework as a decision-making tool
- Compare materials and systems across both environmental and financial criteria
- Understand how purchases can impact both human and natural resources alike
- Analyze supply chain risks by conducting resilience planning exercises
Managing expenses by selecting cost effective alternatives
"As a Procurement Professional, I must ensure all purchasing activity is compliant with Federal procurement regulations and guidance."
Ensuring purchases are Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) compliant
- Explore direct linkages to FAR references on a material by material basis
- Learn how to go beyond compliance when procuring sustainable services
Aligning office procurements with EPA, DOE, and USDA guidance
- Identify any minimum content levels and Environmental Programs recommended for specific federal purchases
- Find additional resources and guidance for making sustainable purchasing decisions
- Review excerpts of laws, Executive Orders, and Guiding Principles that affect your organizations purchasing decisions
"As a Procurement Professional, I am responsible for negotiating and securing purchasing agreements for the vast range of materials needed to support my organization’s successful operations."
Identifying sustainable products and services
- Browse all products within the Green Procurement Compilation
- Search for a specific product within the Green Procurement Compilation
Procuring sustainable products and services
- Find ‘where to buy’ from GSA Multiple Award Schedules, GSA Global Supply, AbilityOne, FSSI, UNICOR, and/or GSA Advantage
- View sample contract language for procuring products that meet environmental programs
- Explore resources for the sustainable procurement of services, such as previous solicitations and potential clauses
Break down the silos!
As a Procurement Professional, I don’t live or work in a bubble.
To deliver a successful project, I regularly work with a variety of professionals who would benefit from the value of the SFTool.
|Specialized Consultants||Interior Designers|
Learn more about the Integrative Design Process