Procurement Professional User Guide
|I. Value-Based Purchasing||II. Regulation and FAR Compliance||III. Purchasing Activity|
I. Value-Based Purchasing
"As a Procurement Professional, I am responsible for purchasing goods and services for ongoing building operations that are of the best value to the environment, the workforce, and the organization’s budget."
Promoting the importance of purchasing decisions on sustained environmental stewardship throughout the building’s life cycle
- Utilize an integrative process and identify stakeholders specific to certain renovation projects
- Explore GSA lessons learned on collaborative strategies for procurement professionals
- Use Life Cycle Thinking as a decision-making tool
- Compare materials and systems across both environmental and financial criteria
- Understand how purchases can impact both human and natural resources alike
- Analyze supply chain risks by conducting resilience planning exercises
Managing expenses by selecting cost effective alternatives
II. Regulation and FAR Compliance
"As a Procurement Professional, I must ensure all purchasing activity is compliant with Federal procurement regulations and guidance."
Ensuring purchases are Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) compliant
- Explore direct linkages to FAR references on a material by material basis
- Learn how to go beyond compliance when procuring sustainable services
- Verify contractor compliance with sustainability requirements
Aligning office procurements with EPA, DOE, and USDA guidance
- Identify any minimum content levels and Environmental Programs recommended for specific federal purchases
- Find additional resources and guidance for making sustainable purchasing decisions
- Review excerpts of laws, Executive Orders, and the Guiding Principles for Sustainable Federal Buildings that affect your organization’s purchasing decisions
III. Purchasing Activity
"As a Procurement Professional, I am responsible for negotiating and securing purchasing agreements for the vast range of materials needed to support my organization’s successful operations."
Identifying sustainable products and services
- Browse all products within the Green Procurement Compilation
- Search for a product within the Green Procurement Compilation
- Identify compliant brand-name products with SFTool Product Search
Procuring sustainable products and services
- Utilize appropriate tools for each stage of sustainable procurements
- Find ‘where to buy’ from GSA Multiple Award Schedules, GSA Global Supply, AbilityOne, FSSI, and/or GSA Advantage
- View sample contract language for procuring products that meet environmental programs
- Explore resources for the sustainable procurement of services, such as previous solicitations and potential clauses
- Incorporate requirements for responsible business conduct, particularly when sourcing from a foreign country
- Identify and manage supply chain risks from climate change
Break down the silos!
As a Procurement Professional, I don’t live or work in a bubble.
To deliver a successful project, I regularly work with a variety of professionals who would benefit from the value of the SFTool.
|Specialized Consultants||Interior Designers|
Learn more about the Integrative Design Process