Metering / Sensor-operated
Metering faucets dispense water for a pre-determined period of time. Combined with a high-efficiency aerator, metering faucets deliver a pre-defined volume of water (0.25 to 0.125 gpc - gallons per cycle). Electronic faucets use a motion controlled sensor to activate water flow. They can either be programmed to turn off when motion ceases or based on a pre-determined period of time. Both metering and sensor-operated faucets can use high-efficiency aerators; however, the faucet may cost more than conventional faucets.
- For sensor-operated faucets use rechargeable batteries.
- For metering faucets replace metering cartridge according to manufacturer's recommendations.
- Use cleaning chemicals and solutions that are Green Seal certified
- Ensure the flow-restrictor is cleaned to prevent sediment buildup to allow for maximum water flow
End of Life Tips
- If in good condition, faucets can be donated to organizations like Habitat for Humanity that will reuse them.
For alignment with LEED Standards