Paints and Coatings
Paints and coatings provide an aesthetically appealing atmosphere for a commercial setting. Paints and coatings should contain low or no VOCs to maintain high indoor air quality (IAQ).
- When applying paints or coatings, use products that meet the VOC and chemical component limits of Green Seal's Standard GS-11 requirements. http://www.greenseal.org/certification/standards/paints_and_coatings.pdf
- Review all product cut sheets prior to approval and application.
End of Life Tips
- Unused paint can be reprocessed and re-blended to form recycled-content paint. Visit Earth911.com to determine the capacity of local facilities
For alignment with LEED Standards
Paints and Coatings: Must meet the volatile organic compound (VOC) requirements of South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) Rule 1113.
- BD+C and ID+C EQ: Low-Emitting Materials
- O+M MR: Purchasing - Facility Maintenance and Renovation