- Federal agencies are required by statute to purchase products as designated or specified under this program
Where to Buy
|Drain Maintenance Products||
|Wastewater Maintenance Products||
Legal Requirements Lists federal requirements related to the purchase of this item, including applicable Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) requirements
Contributes to meeting The Guiding Principles for Sustainable Federal Buildings
According to BioPreferred, microbial cleaning products have the following product types and can be described as:
- Drain Maintenance Products - Microbial products used to treat or eliminate waste materials within drains and/or plumbing fixtures.
- Wastewater Maintenance Products - Microbial products used to treat or eliminate waste materials within the sewage systems or wastewater treatment systems. These products should include but are not limited to products that digest protein, starch, fat and cellulose within wastewater.
- General Cleaners - Multi-purpose cleaning agents using microbial organisms as the active ingredient.
Potential LEED Contributions
This product may contribute* toward points in multiple LEED v4 rating systems, including areas required for LEED v4 building certification. Primarily, the credits will apply in the Building Operations and Maintenance (O+M) category. Specific credits are:
- Indoor Environmental Quality
- Green Cleaning Products & Materials
- Low-Emitting Materials
* It is important to note that no products, individually or collectively, can guarantee a specific number of points for LEED Category credit. Each credit will need to be matched to the product by a certified professional.