Laminated PaperboardLast Updated: 03/15/23
Laminated paperboard is made from one or more plies of kraft paper bonded together and is used for decorative, structural or insulating purposes. Examples include building board, insulating formboard, sheathing and acoustical and non-acoustical ceiling tile.
Where to Buy
Legal Requirements Lists federal requirements related to the purchase of this item, including applicable Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) requirements
Contributes to meeting The Guiding Principles for Sustainable Federal Buildings
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Recommended Specifications, Standards, and Ecolabels
Executive Order (EO) 14057, Catalyzing Clean Energy Industries and Jobs Through Federal Sustainability, (08 DEC 2021), requires federal agencies to purchase sustainable products and services certified to the standards/ecolabels included in the Recommendations to the maximum extent practicable.
Potential LEED Contributions
This product may contribute* toward points in multiple LEED v4 rating systems, including areas required for LEED v4 building certification. Primarily, the credits will apply in the Building Design and Construction (BD+C) and Building Operations and Maintenance (O+M) categories. This includes the specialty areas of: New Construction and Major Renovation, Existing Buildings, Core & Shell, Schools, Retail, Data Centers, Warehouse and Distribution Centers, Hospitality, and Healthcare. Specific credits are:
- Indoor Environmental Quality - Low-Emitting Materials
- Materials & Resources - Building Product Disclosure & Optimization
- Environmental Product Declarations
- Sourcing of Raw Materials
- Material Ingredients
* It is important to note that no products, individually or collectively, can guarantee a specific number of points for LEED Category credit. Each credit will need to be matched to the product by a certified professional.