Toilet / Shower Accessories
Toilet and shower accessories include soap dispensers, soap dishes, hand dryers, paper towel dispensers, trash cans, etc. These items may contain recycled content if they are made of metal or plastic. Hand dryers allow for drying without using paper products which reduces waste. Although automated paper towel dispensers typically use non-rechargeable batteries, they can also reduce waste by controlling the amount of paper dispensed.
- Use cleaning chemicals and solutions that are Green Seal certified
- Use restroom paper products that meet Green Seal, Eco Logo, or EPA's Comprehensive Procurement Guidelines
End of Life Tips
- Plastic and metal restroom accessories can be recycled. Visit Earth 911 http://earth911.com/ to determine the capacity of local facilities.
For alignment with LEED Standards
- Regional Materials: At a minimum, use 20% of the combined value of construction and Division 12 (Furniture) materials and products that are manufactured regionally within a radius of 500 miles. Additionally, use a minimum of 10% of the combined value of construction and Division 12 (Furniture) materials and products extracted, harvested or recovered, as well as manufactured, within 500 miles of the project.
- Recycled Content: For a minimum of 30% of the total annual purchases of cleaning materials and products implement sustainable purchasing. This includes purchasing disposable janitorial paper products and trash bags that meet the minimum requirements of one of the following : Green Seal (GS-09 and GS-01), Eco Logo (CCD-082 and CCD-086), or EPA's Comprehensive Procurement Guidelines.