Toilet / Shower Accessories
Toilet and shower accessories include soap dispensers, soap dishes, hand dryers, paper towel dispensers, trash cans, etc. These items may contain recycled content if they are made of metal or plastic. Hand dryers allow for drying without using paper products which reduces waste. Although automated paper towel dispensers typically use non-rechargeable batteries, they can also reduce waste by controlling the amount of paper dispensed.
- Use cleaning chemicals and solutions that are Green Seal certified
- Use restroom paper products that meet Green Seal, Eco Logo, or EPA's Comprehensive Procurement Guidelines
End of Life Tips
- Plastic and metal restroom accessories can be recycled. Visit Earth911.com to determine the capacity of local facilities.
For alignment with LEED Standards
Regional Materials: For credit achievement calculation, products sourced (extracted, manufactured, purchased) within 100 miles (160 km) of the project site are valued at 200% of their base contributing cost.
- BD+C and ID+C MR: Building Product Disclosure and Optimization – Sourcing of Raw Materials and Material Ingredients
- O+M MR: Purchasing - Facility Maintenance and Renovation
Recycled Content: For a minimum of 75% of the total annual purchases of cleaning materials and products, implement sustainable purchasing. This includes purchasing disposable custodial paper products and trash bags that meet the minimum requirements of one of the following : Green Seal (GS-09 and GS-01), EcoLogo (CCD-082 and CCD-086), or EPA's Comprehensive Procurement Guidelines.
- O+M EQ: Green Cleaning - Products and Materials