Wall coverings, such as classic wallpaper, wallpaper murals and borders, provide a unique aesthetically appealing atmosphere for a commercial setting. From fabric to paper there are a variety of PVC-free wall coverings available.
- Review all product cut sheets prior to approval and application.
- When applying adhesives use products with a VOC emissions content that meets the South coast Air Quality Management District Rule 1168. http://www.aqmd.gov/rules/reg/reg11/r1168.pdf
End of Life Tips
- If in good condition, materials can be donated to organizations like Habitat for Humanity that will reuse them
- For materials that are well worn or damaged, recycling is the next best option. Contact the manufacturer for recycling information, or visit Earth911.com to determine the capacity of local facilities.
For alignment with LEED Standards
Adhesives: Must meet the volatile organic compound (VOC) requirements of South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) Rule 1168.
- BD+C and ID+C EQ: Low-Emitting Materials
- O+M MR: Purchasing - Facility Maintenance and Renovation