Glass doors are useful for allowing light into a space, and may be used as part of a daylighting strategy, both on the exterior and internally. Glazing may be translucent to allow for privacy. Note that glass doors are challenging in fire-rated walls and have to be evaluated carefully.
- Use cleaning chemicals and solutions that are Green Seal certified
- Dust with micro fiber cloth regularly
End of Life Tips
- If in good condition, doors can be donated to organizations like Habitat for Humanity that will reuse them.
- To recycle old doors visit Earth911.com to determine the capacity of local facilities.
For alignment with LEED Standards
Regional Materials: For credit achievement calculation, products sourced (extracted, manufactured, purchased) within 100 miles (160 km) of the project site are valued at 200% of their base contributing cost.
- BD+C and ID+C MR: Building Product Disclosure and Optimization – Sourcing of Raw Materials and Material Ingredients
- O+M MR: Purchasing - Facility Maintenance and Renovation