Steel entry doors with foam core insulation can provide good sound insulation and weather proofing. They also can serve as fire breaks, and good security. Look for metal doors with high recycled content.
- Use cleaning chemicals and solutions that are Green Seal certified
- Dust with micro fiber cloth regularly
End of Life Tips
- If in good condition, doors can be donated to organizations like Habitat for Humanity that will reuse them.
- To recycle old doors visit Earth 911 http://earth911.com/ to determine the capacity of local facilities.
For alignment with LEED Standards
- Regional Materials: At a minimum, use 20% of the combined value of construction and Division 12 (Furniture) materials and products that are manufactured regionally within a radius of 500 miles. Additionally, use a minimum of 10% of the combined value of construction and Division 12 (Furniture) materials and products extracted, harvested or recovered, as well as manufactured, within 500 miles of the project.