Clerestory windows allow daylight to penetrate into a space. They are designed to allow daylight to penetrate a space, and therefore are located above eye level.
- Use cleaning chemicals and solutions that are Green Seal certified
- Dust with micro fiber cloth regularly
End of Life Tips
- Usually reused by future occupants.
For alignment with LEED Standards
Daylight Penetration: Demonstrate through computer simulations that 75% or more of all regularly occupied areas (for LEED BD+C and ID+C; 50% for O+M) achieve daylight illuminance levels of a minimum of 300 lux and a maximum of 3,000 lux in a clear sky condition on September 21 at 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. OR use a combination of side-lighting and/or top-lighting to achieve a total daylighting zone for the same percent of all the regularly occupied spaces.
- BD+C and ID+C EQ: Daylight
- O+M EQ: Daylight and Quality Views