Task lights are designed to provide the occupant control of the light levels in their workspace. They illuminate specific work areas and allow for less ambient light. Task lighting can be hard-wired in a cubicle / desk or it can be a simple desk lamp.
- Dust with micro fiber cloth regularly
- Provide task lighting at individual workstations as well as in multi-occupant spaces. Allowing occupants control to make adjustments to suit their task needs and preferences can increase productivity and the well-being of the building occupants.
End of Life Tips
- If in good condition, materials can be donated to organizations like Habitat for Humanity that will reuse them
For alignment with LEED Standards
- Controllability of Lighting: Provide individual lighting controls for a minimum of 90% of the tenant space occupants.
- Lighting Power: Reduce connected lighting power density below that allowed by ANSI/SHRAE/IESNA Standard 90.1-2007 by at least 10% using either the space-by-space method or by applying the whole building lighting power allowance to the entire tenant space.