Demountable walls or partitions can be moved and altered to create different types of spaces to meet the needs of the occupants. They typically consist of aluminum frames, solid vinyl or fabric panels, and/or glass panels.
- Use cleaning chemicals and solutions that are Green Seal certified.
- Dust with micro fiber cloth regularly.
End of Life Tips
- If in good condition, materials can be donated to organizations like Habitat for Humanity that will reuse them
- For materials that are well worn or damaged, recycling is the next best option. Contact the manufacturer for recycling information, or visit Earth911.com to determine the capacity of local facilities.
For alignment with LEED Standards
Regional Materials: For credit achievement calculation, products sourced (extracted, manufactured, purchased) within 100 miles (160 km) of the project site are valued at 200% of their base contributing cost.
- BD+C and ID+C MR: Building Product Disclosure and Optimization – Sourcing of Raw Materials and Material Ingredients
- O+M MR: Purchasing - Facility Maintenance and Renovation