Fluid applied flooring is commonly made of a poured epoxy or urethane coating. It is commonly used in restrooms or in decorative areas where easy cleaning and/or a unique visual appearance is desired.
- Use cleaning chemicals and solutions that are Green Seal certified.
End of Life Tips
- 'The material from fluid applied floors is not easily recycled.
- Visit Earth911.com to determine the most responsible way to dispose of the material.
For alignment with LEED Standards
Paints and Coatings: Must meet the volatile organic compound (VOC) requirements of South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) Rule 1113.
- BD+C and ID+C EQ: Low-Emitting Materials
- O+M MR: Purchasing - Facility Maintenance and Renovation