Concrete flooring is composed solely of cement, aggregates, admixtures, and water. Recent improvements in polishing and pigment techniques have made concrete a more viable flooring option for a commercial setting.
- Use cleaning chemicals and solutions that are Green Seal certified.
End of Life Tips
- Visit Earth 911 http://earth911.com/ to determine the capacity of local facilities.
For alignment with LEED Standards
- Regional Materials: At a minimum, use 20% of the combined value of construction and Division 12 (Furniture) materials and products that are manufactured regionally within a radius of 500 miles. Additionally, use a minimum of 10% of the combined value of construction and Division 12 (Furniture) materials and products extracted, harvested or recovered, as well as manufactured, within 500 miles of the project.
- Construction Waste: Recycle and/or salvage a minimum of 50% of nonhazardous construction and demolition debris.
- Certified Wood: Use a minimum of 50% of wood-based products and materials that are certified in accordance with the Forest Stewardship Council's principles and criteria.
- Adhesives & Finishes: Must meet the volatile organic compound (VOC) requirements of South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) Rule 1113 & Rule 1168.