Federal agencies are required by statute to purchase products as designated or specified under this program.
Federal agencies are required to purchase sustainable products and services meeting EPA’s Recommendations to the maximum extent practicable.
Where to Buy
Legal Requirements Lists federal requirements related to the purchase of this item, including applicable Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) requirements
Contributes to meeting The Guiding Principles for Sustainable Federal Buildings
For products such as mats, the applicable Guiding Principle for High Performance and Sustainable Buildings depends on what characteristics are included in the product. If it has recycled content it would be GP 5, if it is low-emitting it would be GP 4, if it's both, it would be included in both. "Low emitting" would be any product that has a low emissions or low VOC standard.
Potential LEED Contributions
This product may contribute* toward points in multiple LEED v4 rating systems, including areas required for LEED v4 building certification. Primarily, the credits will apply in the Building Design and Construction (BD+C) and Building Operations and Maintenance (O+M) categories. This includes the specialty areas of: New Construction and Major Renovation, Existing Buildings, Core & Shell, Schools, Retail, Data Centers, Warehouse and Distribution Centers, Hospitality, and Healthcare. Specific credits are:
- Indoor Environmental Quality - Low-Emitting Materials
- Materials & Resources - Building Product Disclosure & Optimization
- Environmental Product Declarations
- Sourcing of Raw Materials
- Material Ingredients
* It is important to note that no products, individually or collectively, can guarantee a specific number of points for LEED Category credit. Each credit will need to be matched to the product by a certified professional.