Ovens / FurnacesReturn to Laboratory
- Ensure ovens and other heating equipment are turned off during unoccupied hours.
- Keep hot equipment away room temperature sensors and thermostats to avoid distortion of room temperature.
- Reduce temperatures if contents no longer require continuous heat.
- Use timers for automatic shutdown and startup of drying ovens.
- Post a sign near the oven specifying how long it takes to preheat and reminding users to turn off heating equipment when not in use.
Compare Ovens / Furnaces Options
Energy Efficiency ( <span>Guiding Principles criteria 2.1</span>)
“Comply with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements that establish Federal building energy efficiency standards and require the purchase, installation, and use of energy efficient products. Employ strategies that continue to optimize energy performance and minimize energy use throughout the operation and life of the building.”
DOE FEMP | Energy- and Water-Efficient Products
ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager
ANSI/ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1