Fire SafetyReturn to Cafeteria
- Promote safety by installing emergency power down switches.
- Fire suppression systems specified by GSA include water based sprinkler systems. This type of system works well for computer/LAN rooms that are backed up off-site.
- Ceiling-mounted sprinkler systems should be incorporated into the ceiling layout, but the locations should be carefully coordinated with non-water suppression systems required over the cooking line.
- Keep a Class K fire extinguisher close to the deep fryer and all appliances that may ignite grease.
- Use fire suppression systems that use a SNAP-approved (non-ozone depleting) substance to extinguish fires.
Compare Fire Safety Options
Products ( <span>Guiding Principles criteria 5.3</span>)
“Procure and utilize construction materials and building supplies that have a lesser or reduced effect on human health and the environment over their life cycle when compared with competing products that serve the same purpose.”
See the Green Procurement Compilation (GPC) for federal requirements by product type.
Whole Building Design Guide | Federal Green Construction Guide for Specifiers
EPA Greener Products and Services
2018 IgCC Section 901