Restroom AccessoriesReturn to Tenant Restroom
Toilet / Shower Accessories
- Use accessories that contain recycled material, are manufactured locally, and are easy to maintain.
- Consider installing lockers for employees that commute by bicycle.
- Consider using high efficiency hand dryers to eliminate the need for paper towels. If paper towels are used, use un-bleached towels that are made from 100% post-consumer recycled content.
- Select toilet room partitions that are highly durable and water resistant.
- Use hard-wired or manual fixtures in restrooms. Battery operated fixtures are more difficult to maintain.
Compare Restroom Accessories Options
Materials - Recycled Content ( <span>Guiding Principles criteria 5.1</span>)
“Use products that meet or exceed the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA’s) recycled content recommendations for building construction, modifications, operations, and maintenance, where applicable and as required by statute.”
See the Green Procurement Compilation (GPC) for recycled content recommendations by product type.
Products ( <span>Guiding Principles criteria 5.3</span>)
“Procure and utilize construction materials and building supplies that have a lesser or reduced effect on human health and the environment over their life cycle when compared with competing products that serve the same purpose.”
See the Green Procurement Compilation (GPC) for federal requirements by product type.
Whole Building Design Guide | Federal Green Construction Guide for Specifiers
EPA Greener Products and Services
2018 IgCC Section 901