Department of State Foreign Service Institute
The Institute's programs include training for the professional development of Foreign Service administrative, consular, economic/commercial, political, and public diplomacy officers; for specialists in the fields of information management, office management, security, and medical practitioners and nurses; for Foreign Service Nationals who work at U.S. posts around the world; and for Civil Service employees of the State Department and other agencies. Ranging in length from one day to two years, courses are designed to promote successful performance in each professional assignment, to ease the adjustment to other countries and cultures, and to enhance the leadership and management capabilities of the U.S. foreign affairs community.
Courses Open for Public Comment:
- PA 585 - Management Oversight of Construction Safety and Occupational Health Programs
- PA 586 - SHEM Post Occupational Safety and Health Officers Training
All feedback on FMI documents and notices should be sent via email to AskFMI@gsa.gov. Comments through other avenues will not be accepted. Once comments are collected, they will be posted publicly alongside the document.
- PA 229 - Simplified Acquisition Procedures
- PA 528 - Computer Maintenance Management System
- PA 531 - OBO Construction, Facility, and Security Management Training
- PK 245 - Basic Leadership Skills
- PT 207 - Intermediate Leadership Skills
- PT 210 - Advanced Leadership Skills
- PT 230 - Fundamentals of Supervision