Procurement Professional User Guide
This guide covers how the Sustainable Facilities Tool (SF Tool) can assist you in purchasing activities within the office setting. The SF Tool can assist with the following responsibilities:
|I. Value-Based Purchasing||II. Regulation and FAR Compliance||III. Purchasing Activity|
"As a Procurement Professional I am responsible for purchasing goods and services for ongoing building operations that are of the best value to the environment, the workforce, and the organization’s budget."
Manage expenses by selecting cost effective alternatives
- Compare relative material costs over their life cycles
- Bundling purchases to achieve synergistic benefits across whole building systems
- Find ‘where to buy’ from applicable GSA Multiple Award Schedule, GSA Global Supply, AbilityOne, and UNICOR
Promoting the importance of purchase decisions on sustained environmental stewardship throughout the building’s life cycle
"As a Procurement Professional, I must ensure all purchasing activity is compliant with Federal procurement regulations and guidance."
Ensuring purchases are Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) compliant
Aligning office procurements with EPA, DOE and USDA guidance
- Identify any minimum content levels and Environmental Programs recommended for specific federal purchases
- Find additional resources and guidance for making sustainable purchasing decisions
- Review excerpts of laws, Executive Orders, and Guiding Principles that affect your organizations purchasing decisions
"As a Procurement Professional, I am responsible for negotiating and securing purchasing agreements for the vast range of materials needed to support my organization’s successful operations."
Search for products within the Green Procurement Compilation
Break down the silos!
As a Procurement Professional, I don’t live or work in a bubble.
To deliver a successful project, I regularly correspond with a variety of professionals who would benefit from the value of the SF Tool.
Participate in the SFTool community below!